COT Urine Test Kits
Cotinine urine rapid test kit is a rapid test for the qualitative detection of Cotinine in human urine specimen at cut-off of 200 ng/mL.
COT Urine Screening Kits
The COT Rapid Test Device is a rapid visual immunoassay for the qualitative, presumptive detection of Cotinine in human urine specimens at the cut-off concentration of 200 ng/mL. This Cotinine urine test is a screening kit, and is used to provide a preliminary testing result only; more advanced method should be used for the specimens tested positive with COT rapid test strip or cassette.
Reagents Used in COT Rapid Test
Each Cotinine rapid test strip or cassette consists of a reagent strip mounted in a plastic housing. The amount of each antigen and/or antibody coated on the strip is less than 0.001 mg for antigen conjugates and goat anti-rabbit IgG antibodies, and less than 0.0015 mg for antibody components.
The control zone of each cotinine drug test contains goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody. The test zone of each test contains drug-bovine protein antigen conjugate, and the conjugate pad of each test contains monoclonal anti-drug antibody and rabbit antibody-colored particle complex.
Precautions on COT Test Kit
- For professional in vitro diagnostic use only.
- Do not use after expiration date indicated on the package. Do not use the test if its foil pouch is damaged. Do not reuse tests.
- This cotinine test kit contains products of animal origin. Certified knowledge of the origin and/or sanitary state of the animals does not totally guarantee the absence of transmissible pathogenic agents. It is therefore, recommended that these products be treated as potentially infectious, and handled observing the usual safety precautions (do not ingest or inhale).
- Avoid cross-contamination of specimens by using a new specimen collection container for each specimen obtained.
- Read the entire procedure carefully prior to performing any tests.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke in the area where the specimens and kits are handled. Handle all specimens as if they contain infectious agents. Observe established precautions against microbiological hazards throughout the procedure and follow the standard procedures for proper disposal of specimens. Wear protective clothing such as laboratory coats, disposable gloves and eye protection when specimens are assayed.
- Humidity and temperature can adversely affect results.
- The used Cotinine test strip or cassette should be discarded in accordance with local, state and/or federal regulations.
Cotinine as Biomarker
Cotinine is the first-stage metabolite of nicotine, a toxic alkaloid that produces stimulation of the autonomic ganglia and central nervous system when in humans. Nicotine is a drug to which virtually every member of a tobacco-smoking society is exposed whether through direct contact or second-hand inhalation. In addition to tobacco, nicotine is also commercially available as the active ingredient in smoking replacement therapies such as nicotine gum, transdermal patches and nasal sprays.
In a 24-hour urine, approximately 5% of a nicotine dose is excreted as unchanged drug with 10% as cotinine and 35% as hydroxycotinine; the concentrations of other metabolites are believed to account for less than 5%. While cotinine is thought to be an inactive metabolite, it’s elimination profile is more stable than that of nicotine which is largely urine pH dependent. As a result, cotinine is considered a good biological marker for determining nicotine use.
The plasma half-life of nicotine is approximately 60 minutes following inhalation or parenteral administration. Nicotine and cotinine are rapidly eliminated by the kidney; with a cutoff level of 200 ng/mL, the detection window for this cotinine urine screening kit is expected to be up to 2-3 days after nicotine use.
Add Cotinine Test Kits to Inquiry Cart How to Use
4 STEPs TO GO:
- Browse product pages and choose;
- Enter a quantity for all products of interest;
- Click "Add Selected" or "Add/Change" button below before moving to other page;
- Go to "Inquiry Cart" page, adjust, enter other terms, and Send.